The Class Engagement application is a class banner application that allows teachers to record engagement for any classes they have access to. Multiple engagements may be entered for each class session.
Accessing the Class Engagement application
Menu > Hover over Enrollment > Click on Class Engagement
The Class Engagement screen opens. If a teacher has multiple classes, they will need to select an available course from the list. Use the arrow keys or the Find button to navigate from one class to another.
Add Engagement Records
Class Engagement offers several fill options for users. An Engagement Type must be selected before Method and Outcome may be chosen.
Select the desired class
1. Engagement Staff: The logged in teacher name displays in the Engagement Staff drop list. If the class has an alternate teacher assigned, both teacher names will appear.
2. Student: The default display order for students in the class is alpha by last name. Student display order may be changed by clicking on any column header.
3. Att Group: Clicking the "Att Group" column header will sort all students in the class by Attendance Group
4. Engagement Type: Select an Engagement Type, such as: Class meeting/Synchronous; Class Meeting/Asynchronous. Once selected, the Engagement type may be added to all by clicking the downward blue arrow. You can apply an Engagement type to individual students by clicking the sideways blue arrow for each student.
5. With: The "With" column will default to 'Student', this can be changed to another value, such as: Contact or Other. When contact is selected, select the contact with whom the communication occurred from the list of the student's primary contacts. When "Other" is selected, a text box will appear at right to enter information.
6. Method: Select the Method of the engagement, (ex. Email, In Person, Telephone, Video, Conference). An Engagement Type must be selected before Method may be applied.
7. Notes: Add any notes, as desired. Notes may also be auto filled for all students or applied to individual students.
8. Class Attendance: From withing Class Engagement, click the Class Attendance button in the top right-hand corner, to access the Class Attendance application for the same class.
9. Student Engagement: Click the Student Engagement Icon to the left of the student's name, to access the application.
Once all selections have been made, click Submit to save the records or Reset to continue without saving. The Engagement records appear under each student name. Additional engagements may be added for the same date for the entire class and/or for selected students.
Engagement records may not be edited within Class Engagement, they may only be deleted. Teachers may edit records for individual students in the Student Engagement application which may be accessed by clicking the Student Engagement icon to the left of the student's name.
A Student Engagement Report is available under Enrollment > Reports > Student Engagement. It may be used to report on selected engagements by Type and by Engagement for a date range. Notes may optionally be printed.