➢ http://q.omsd.net ➢ Enter your user name and password
Selecting a School/Track
You may need to select a school/track for the following reasons:
- If you work at more than one school site.
- If your school has more than one track. An example of a second track might be a Preschool Track.
- During the year-end processing a Future track with the next school year will be available as an option.
Q Main View
Once the user completes the log in process, the Main View of Q opens.
The Main View displays:
- Menu Tab- Hover over any of the category headers to reveal applications and a link to associated reports. Single click on an application to launch it.
- Favorites Tab and Favorites Widget- Displays applications and reports marked as favorites for the logged in user.
- Logged in track.
- System Date- is defaulted to the current date, but can be changed by clicking the calendar icon.
- File Menu- Switch School/ Track functions are located here.
- Locate Students- Click on the Locate Students to perform a district-wide search.
- Help- Links to the QWiki Help site.
- Log Out.
- Logged in User.
- Main Page Widgets- Displays relevant data to the logged in user.
- School Calendar- enables users to change the logged in system date.
- Favorites Icon- Click to change the order or remove favorite apps and reports. Use this in any other app or report to set that as a favorite. More information is available in the Favorites QWiki documents.
- Sticky Note- Add personal notes for each app. More information is available in the Sticky Note QWiki document.
- Application Access History Link.
- Preference Cog- Click to view available user preferences and settings: color theme, student search focus, and open same application after switching tracks.
- Notification Icon- Click to display recent notifications. Icon will be RED if there are new, unread notifications.
The Q Student Banner provides users with quick access to student demographic information that was entered during enrollment. The banner displays items such as the student name, student IDs, gender, birthdate, grade, track etc. anytime you are working in a student driven application. For additional information regarding the configuration and use of the Student Banner, refer to the Student Banner help documentation (QWiki Help).
There are two ways to search for students in the Student Banner application. Students are listed in alphabetical order sorted by last name in the system.
- Arrow Keys- The arrow keys let you start at the beginning or end of the alphabet and scroll forward or backward one student at a time, depending which arrow is clicked.
- Find Function- To use the Find function, click Find and enter information in any of the fields:
The system defaults to include only currently Active students in the search. Placing a check in the Include Inactive box will search all students.
The Locate tab on the Home page allows a user to conduct a District wide search to find the school in which a student is located or to find a student who was enrolled in the district in the past.
Once you click on the Locate from the home page of Q, you may complete a district wide search for the student in multiple ways.
Use the % (wildcard) in front of the last name to get all the multiple-name possibilities or search for the student using minimum criteria (eg. first name and birthdate). Click Submit. The results will return all the students that fit the search criteria. It will also display the Student ID, State ID, Gender, Birthdate, School of enrollment, and status. If inactive, it will display the student exit date.